The land of the Louie Memorial Playing Fields was given to North Hinksey Parish Council by the Kingerlee family in 1939. The area consists of three main areas: an upper playing field, a lower playing field, and Hutchcomb’s Copse lying on a downward slope towards the West and North of the lower field. The upper and lower fields are divided from each other by Arnold’s Way.
Facilities include Upper Field: the Pavilion and Scout Hut, marked football pitch, Trim Trail exercise equipment, Multi-use Games Area (MUGA) and youth shelter; Lower Field: children’s play park, seating, car park.
A Community vision for Louie Memorial Fields
- Nortoft’s final Consultation Report and Draft Business Plan were accepted by the Parish Council in June.
- An update leaflet is being delivered to all households in the Parish. View the leaflet here.
Nortoft planning consultants (www.nortoft.co.uk) were appointed to carry out the first phase of master planning work on the Louie Memorial Fields and Pavilion. Since January Nortoft have explored feasibility (space, cost, environmental considerations, evidence of need) for a variety of new or improved facilities, including a replacement building for the Pavilion and Scout Hut. Following their presentation at the Annual Parish Meeting on 22nd March they ran a live consultation event on Saturday 28th April at Louie Memorial Pavilion and slides and videos were made available during and after. A feedback survey was open and publicised after the event and received over 260 responses..
- The feedback survey is now closed. Read the raw data results here.
- Nortoft’s full report is now available. Read the report here.
This was the first phase of consultation to consider a variety of options and to identify which ideas should be taken forward as community priorities.Ideas for consideration:
- Replacement building for Pavilion and Scout Hut
- New adventure play / exercise area in lower field
- Additional car parking space
- Relocation of football pitch in upper field
- Provision of skate park in upper field
- Any other suggestions
- PDF of the slides
- Video extracts from the presentation and questions available on our Facebook page
- Nortoft presentation 22 March 2018
- Article in The Sprout March 2018 covering the recent history of consultations on the LM Fields and Pavilion and the appointment of Nortoft.
- Brief for appointment of Consultant for the rejuvenation of the LM Fields Pavilion and playing areas
Playing fields: results of 2017 public consultation
In late 2017 a public consultation was held asking for views on a proposal by Matthew Arnold school to use the football pitch and hard-surface games area (MUGA) at the Louie Memorial Upper Field for PE lessons and afterschool football fixtures. 100 people took part, 93 from North Hinksey parish. The full results are available to download here. The proposal was discussed again at the September Council meeting focusing mainly on how much MAS would be charged for after school football pitch hire and details of the football pitch maintenance schedule). The proposal was passed at the 19th October meeting and the trial period began on 8th January.
This page has the following sub pages.