Anyone, who hasn’t already had their first or second COVID-19 vaccination can still get vaccinated at a walk-in clinic or by booking through the NHS booking service ( or call 119 free of charge, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week).
COVID 19 BOOSTERS:
People eligible for boosters will be contacted by the NHS after 6 clear months have passed since your second COVID vaccination. Vaccinations will be available through the national COVID-19 vaccination booking service at the Kassam Stadium in Oxford, a designated pharmacy or at another site.
Eligible groups include:
- people living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers.
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
You will be contacted by the NHS when it’s your turn.
You can now book a flu vaccination if you fall into one of the eligible categories:
- all those 65 years over (and those who will become 65 before March 2022)
- those aged 6 months to under 64 years in clinical risk groups.
- all children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021 **Schools to do children except pre-school children 2 and 3 years.
- all those 50 to 64 years over not in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- those in long-stay residential care homes
The flu jab will be offered to the elderly and at risk population first and more clinics will be added over the next few weeks.
Book your appointment by calling the Botley Medical Centre or call in to the surgery. Please avoid busy times by calling between 11.30am-13:00 pm or after 2pm Tuesday – Friday.
Currently the following flu clinics are scheduled:
- Botley Medical Centre – Saturday 16th October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients over 65 years old and those who will become 65 before 31st March 2022)
- Kennington Health Centre – Saturday 16th October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients over 65 years old and those who will become 65 before 31st March 2022)
- Botley Medical Centre – Saturday 23rd October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients over 65 years old and those who will become 65 before 31st March 2022)
- Kennington Health Centre– Saturday 23rd October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients over 65 years old and those who will become 65 before 31st March 2022)
- Botley Medical Centre – Saturday 30th October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients under 65 years before 31st March 2022 and with at risk conditions)
- Kennington Health Centre – Saturday 30th October – 8.30am-12.30pm (Patients under 65 years before 31st March 2022 and with at risk conditions)
Transport for vaccination:
- A volunteer driver lift service is available for anyone who cannot get to their vaccination appointments.
- The patient must be aware that this is at their own risk (these are volunteers organised through the Patient Particiption Group and so not DBS or insurance-checked). Please note there is no fee for this service.
- To request this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, full address with post code, telephone number(s) including mobile number, and time and place of vaccination appointment.
General information on the Coronavirus vaccination can be found on the NHS website vaccination page.
- We’ve been alerted that some people attending their vaccination appointment have not taken the necessary ID with them and have been turned away as a result, so be aware that you need to take ID.
- Please do NOT contact the surgery to seek advice if possible as all patients will be contacted directly.