It is important not to ignore or put off medical needs and to contact your GP or attend A&E when necessary. You can check the NHS advice on How to Get Medical Help at Home or call your GP who may be able to offer an over the phone service.
- Call 111 or visit https://www.nhs.uk/ for any medical queries.
- NHS advice on COVID-19
- Getting a COVID test: www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or call 119 (lines are open 7am to 11pm)
Local Medical Services
- Botley Medical Centre
- Lloyds Pharmacy 01865 247023
- Woodlands Pharmacy: 01865 242649 (Prescription deliveries, also does flu jabs)
- Oxford hospitals information
Prescription delivery service
Advice for pregnant women and new mothers:
A new ‘Ask the Midwife’ helpline has now been launched by OUH and Oxfordshire Maternity Voices Partnership. If you would like to speak to one of their midwives please call the Ask the Midwife helpline on 07919 213667 between 11am – 7pm, 7 days a week. This number is for non-urgent queries only. If you feel your question is urgent please call MAU on 01865 220221 – this number is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Maternity Voices Partnership also runs regular Facebook live Q&A sessions with midwives on hand to answer your queries https://www.facebook.com/OxfordshireMVP/ Oxfordshire Breastfeeding support also offer on line antenatal support sessions…check out their Facebook page to see whats on offer! https://www.facebook.com/groups/OxBreastfeedingSupport/