Keeping fit and healthy during the lockdown is important for all of us. This involves our body, mind and spirit. On this page you’ll find a link to activities offered locally, nationally and globally to keep your mind and body active. If you know of more – whether local, national or global, please email BotleyResponders@gmail.com so we can add it here. Also scroll down for links to local and national helplines.
- NEW! Back To School After Lockdown – Tips From An NHS Psychologist
- Local Activities – local exercise classes, music, theatre, pub quiz, children’s activities and more. Stay fit, learn and enjoy while supporting local small businesses and individuals.
- Allotment fees waived for 2020: North Hinksey Parish Council want to encourage take up of allotments – read more here..
- National and international free activities: Free online boredom-busting list of resources: from virtual tours to music, theatre, literature, learning and more!
Looking after yourself: advice from Oxfordshire All In:
- Physical Activity in Isolation Guidance Pack
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Guidance Pack
- Guidance on Dealing with Bereavement during Covid-19
- Support for Disabled People & their Families
- Support for Parents & Carers of Children
- Support for Children & Young People
- Support for Carers
- Support of Older People
Local phone support from Oxford Hub
Mental Health 24/7 helpline (Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire:
- For adults: 01865 904 997
- For children & young people: 01865 904 998
Samaritans: 116 123
Oxfordshire Mind: 01865 247788
Oxfordshire domestic abuse helpline:
0800 731 0055 (Mon-Fri 10-19:00)
UK Domestic Violence helpline: 0808 2000 247 (24 hour)
Childline: free and confidential: 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
Age UK Oxfordshire: Helpline for older local people: 01865 411 288. www.ageuk.org.uk/oxfordshire