This page is intended to act as a hub for information and support for our community during this difficult time when we are dealing with the COVID-19 virus. This site will evolve and be updated daily but … we need your help to keep it up-to-date. If you are involved in a community initiative or support group or have information to add here or correct please email BotleyResponders@gmail.com
- Find your nearest Street Coordinator HERE
- NEW! 30 March – scroll down for links to updated lists of shop opening hours and local delivery services.
Latest important updates:
NEW 27th March: local dedicated contacts for extremely vulnerable residents and access to a central advice team: 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
For anyone identified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS with no support network:
- please contact the dedicated team on 01865 89 78 20 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Oxford City, you can also phone 01865 24 98 11 between 8:00am and 5:00pm
- or visit www.oxford.gov.uk/CommunityAssistance
For residents not in a high risk category but still in need of support:
- visit Oxfordshire All In or Oxford Together for more information on community support near you.
- Or for the Vale area call the dedicated support line 01235 422600
- or email email@example.com
National & Local advice
- The latest government information on this website
- Government advice on staying at home and away from others
- NHS Corona virus website
- District Council advice here including services and advice for businesses and job seekers
- Waste Services updates here
- Age UK Oxfordshire is offering a new telephone support service in response to COVID-19. If you think you might benefit from this service you can ring them on 01865 411 288. They also have lots of useful information on their website.
More details on support services can be found here on our list that we are continually updating.
- North Hinksey Parish Council – due to Government restrictions our two venues (Seacourt Hall and the Louie Memorial Pavilion) are closed, as are all of our children’s play equipment facilities. Our two areas of allotments remain open to tenants currently.
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- Oxfordshire County Council
Local support:Street co-ordinators & support:
You can open and view the list here.
This list will continue to be updated. This is a list of streets with volunteers who can offer help, group contact information (e.g. WhatsApp, Email, paper notes delivered door to door etc.) and details of how to volunteer or ask for help from a street support group.
If you are co-ordinating a group – WhatsApp, email, in person etc. – for your street, please let us know and we will add your information to the list. Please email BotleyResponders@gmail.com
Local support: Facebook pages and groups:
join / follow for the latest information:
- Botley Noticeboard (Facebook group)
- North Hinksey Parish Council (Facebook page)
- Tilbury Fields (Facebook group)
- Oxford COVID-19 Mutual Aid group (Facebook group)
Shopping and deliveries:
- Local shop hours, including for vulnerable & key workers: this list is continually updated, contact us if you can add information.
- Home delivery services – this list has a local focus and includes details of delivery costs, it’s being continually updated, contact us if you have information to add. Oxford City Council have also published a list as have Bitten Oxford .
- Botley Community Fridge: – free food for those in need and to reduce waste. Now delivery only (including to homeless individuals). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mails are the best method), or text 07759 135811 if it is not possible to e-mail. See also their Facebook page for updates (link in heading above).
Information for Volunteers: