Allotments Committee Chair: Councillor Ag MacKeith
Members include Councillors Judi Bolder, Chris Church, Martin Dowie and Graham Fairclough.
The Parish Council owns the following allotment sites:
- Plots 1 to 19. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Minns Business Park. These have been converted to the North Hinksey Community Orchard and North Hinksey Nature reserve and Memorial Garden.
- Plots 20 to 42. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Seacourt Stream.
- Plots 43 to 119. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Southern By Pass.
There are approximately 100 plots. If you are interested in hiring a plot, please contact Councillor Ms. Ag. MacKeith, Email email@example.com or Tel: 01865 724452
New Allotment Rules were adopted in September 2018 and apply from April 2019. See the new Allotment Tenancy rules for more details.
The Allotments Committee is also responsible for the Nature Reserve and Community Orchard in North Hinksey Lane next to the Botley WI building.
Minutes of the Allotments Committee
- Allotments Committee Meeting 11th April 2019
- Allotments Committee Meeting 20th September 2018
- Special Allotments Committee Meeting 15th August 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 19th April 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 18th January 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 12th October 2017
- Special Allotments Committee Meeting 27th July 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 6th April 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 19th January 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 1st September 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 21st April 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 21st January 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 24th September 2015
The rent for 2019/20 is £2 per pole where a pole is roughly equivalent to 25 square metres. Allotments are measured in terms of the total number of whole 25 square metre blocks that they contain (part blocks incur no charge).
A ‘pole’ is an historical term used to measure allotment areas, a standard 10 ‘pole’ allotment is about 300 square yards, or 250 square metres or one sixteenth of an acre.
Please note that only one reminder will be sent out.
Payment should be made by a cheque, payable to “North Hinksey Parish Council” and sent to the Parish Clerk, 29 Long Close, Eynsham Road, Botley, Oxford OX2 9SG You can also pay cash in person to Ag Mackeith, South View House, Old Botley, Oxford OX2 0JR or the Parish Clerk. (Please do not send cash in the post)
The cost of allotment keys for the year 2015 is £5.00. See rules 24 and 25.
This page has the following sub pages.