Management by full Council at the moment.
The Parish Council owns the following allotment sites:
- Plots 1 to 19. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Minns Business Park. These have been converted to the North Hinksey Community Orchard and North Hinksey Nature Reserve and Memorial Garden.
- Plots 20 to 42. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Seacourt Stream.
- Plots 43 to 119. Land between North Hinksey Lane and the Southern By Pass.
There are approximately 100 plots. If you are interested in hiring a plot, please contact Councillor Ms. Ag. MacKeith, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01865 724452
Further information can be found here Plotholder Rules & Application Form April 2021 FINAL .
The Allotments Committee is also responsible for the Nature Reserve and Community Orchard in North Hinksey Lane next to the Botley WI building.
Minutes of the Allotments Committee
- You can access Minutes for 2020 and 2019 from the All Past Meetings page – this link is filtered to Allotments Meetings, you can view any minutes by selecting the appropriate committee in the Category box at the top of the page. Earlier minutes are found below:
- Allotments Committee Meeting 20th September 2018
- Special Allotments Committee Meeting 15th August 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 19th April 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 18th January 2018
- Allotments Committee Meeting 12th October 2017
- Special Allotments Committee Meeting 27th July 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 6th April 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 19th January 2017
- Allotments Committee Meeting 1st September 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 21st April 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 21st January 2016
- Allotments Committee Meeting 24th September 2015
The rent for 2021-22 is £2.50 per pole where a pole is roughly equivalent to 25 square metres. Allotments are measured in terms of the total number of whole 25 square metre blocks that they contain (part blocks incur no charge).
A ‘pole’ is an historical term used to measure allotment areas, a standard 10 ‘pole’ allotment is about 300 square yards, or 250 square metres or one sixteenth of an acre.
The billing period is for 12 months in line with the growing season starting from 1st April each year. Please note that only one reminder will be sent out. Payment can be made via BACs but if you are unable to pay using this method then an alternative arrangement can be made by contacting the Parish Clerk.
The cost of an allotment key for the year 2021 is £5.00 and payment can be made in cash to Councillor Ag MacKeith (see above).
This page has the following sub pages.