North Hinksey Parish Council employs the following people:
Parish Clerk (30 hours per week)
Playground Safety Inspection and Litter Picking (Part time – set weekly fee)
Pavilion Caretaker (Part time – set monthly fee)
The Parish Clerk is responsible for the day to day management of the part time operatives and with the Chairmen of the respective service committees for monitoring work undertaken by the council’s contractors.
PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS:
- Elections are held every four years. The last election was 7th May 2015. The next election is 2nd May 2019.
- The Electoral Commission has published a timetable for the 2nd May 2019 elections.
- Further details can be obtained from the Chairman of the Parish Council or the Parish Clerk.
- Elections and electoral registration
The Parish Council meets eleven times a year, (monthly apart from August); the Planning Committee meets on average once every three weeks and the other Sub-Committees on average three times a year.
To qualify as a Councillor, a person must be either: –
- A Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community
- Be 18 years or over,
- Not disqualified by any statute,
- An elector of the Parish, or
- During the whole of the last 12 months has either occupied as owner or tenant land or other premises in the parish, or
- Has a principal or only place of work in the Parish, or lives within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) of the Parish boundary.