- Chairman of the Parish Council, Councillor David Kay – Tel: 01865 240272
- Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council, Councillor Caroline Potter – Mobile: 0759019476
- Parish Clerk: Colin Ryde can be contacted on Tel: 01865 861992 firstname.lastname@example.org Office hours: Parish Clerk office, Seacourt Hall, 2nd floor, 1 Westminster Way (above Co-op), 9:30am to 3pm Monday to Thursday.
- All Councillors’ contact details can be found on the Councillors page
Other Useful contact details
If you have spotted a problem in your area, please report it by using the following link to an online reporting form. The ‘Report It’ facility is an Oxfordshire initiative which makes it easier for people to report a range of problems from abandoned vehicles, ant-social behaviour to traffic light problems. You don’t have to know which authority is responsible for dealing with the problem – all you need to do is report the problem and the details are then sent to the relevant authority to deal with. Click here to find out how to report it.
Please note that responsibility for maintaining all roads including salting and gritting is that of the County Council as the highways authority. Pothole or highways issues should be reported to the County Council on 0845 310 1111.
Snow advice and salt bins
- Salt Bin Locations (updated Jan 2019)
- Snow Code.pdf
County Council useful telephone numbers
- County Council General Enquires: 01865 792422 Fax: 01865 726155
- Environment issues: 01865 815700
- Hazardous waste: 01865 815796
- Highways (for all county council highways enquiries): 0845 310 1111
- Parking: 01865 815071
- Public transport: 01865 815086
- Rights of way & footpaths: 01865 810808
- Schools: 01865 815449
- Street lighting (fault reporting): 0800 317802
- Trading Standards: 08540 510845
- Traffic lights and pedestrian crossings (fault reporting): 01865 815775
- Waste sites: 01865 815796
- Complaints about County Council services: 01865 815906
District Council useful telephone numbers
- District Council General Enquiries: 01235 520202 Fax: 01235 540395
- Car Parks (Botley): 01235 547665
- Council Tax: 01235 540331
- Environmental Health: 01235 520202
- Green Box Recycling: 01235 520202
- Housing: 01235 520202
- Pest Control: 01235 540375
- Rubbish collection: 01235 520202
- Street name plates: 01235 540362
West Way Shopping Precinct is now owned by the Botley Development Company / Mace. For any problems, contact Dan Bleach of SP Broadway on 020 3405 3460. For urgent and site-specific concerns, you can contact SDC’s Liaison Officer Peter Sandercock on 01234 264 332.
Sewer problems 0845 9200 800
There are a number of services you can sign up for now or keep the information handy in the event of :
- Power cuts: You can sign up to a Priority Services Register that will help you get priority attention in the event of a power cut. The register prioritises households with children under 5, the over 60s, the disabled, and those dependent on electricity for medical care, chronic illnesses or special communication needs. In the event of a power cut you can call 150 for electricity, or 0800 111 999 for gas.
- Flooding: visit http://www.oxfordshirefloodtoolkit.com/ for information on prevention, planning, flood warnings and more. You can also get information from Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or report flooding to the Environment Agency hotline 0800 807060.
- Adverse weather and the cold: find out more about preparing your home for the cold at Better Housing Better Health at http://www.bhbh.org.uk/ or call 0800 107 0044
Pc Carl Bryant (Pc 5864) is now the Beat Officer for the North Hinksey Parish. He is a neighbourhood Specialist Officer which means he will not be abstracted for other committments, and can be contacted via the non-emergency number 08458 505505.
Thames Valley Police has asked the Parish Council to remind parishioners that information can be given to the Police anonymously via Crimestoppers. Their contact details can be found here. Crimestoppers can also offer a reward where information leads to a conviction.
In an emergency call 999. It is an emergency if a crime is being committed, or it is about to be committed, or if there is a risk of serious injury.