All welcome for Public Art Reveal and art workshop Saturday 18th March, West Way Square.
North Hinksey Parish Council has been working with local artists and Fusion Arts, together with the Vale Arts officer to enable the creation of artworks for West Way Square, using S106 money. The work has involved many different community groups and individuals in a truly collaborative creative process.
We are now excited to invite all members of the community to the official unveiling of the installed mosaic panels on Saturday 18th March. Details for the event are as follows:
- 10am: Art workshop with Nor Greenhalgh – Seacourt Hall
- 11am: Mosaic panels revealed, outside Library – The official reveal of the three mosaic panels by Clare Goodall mounted on the wall of the community building
This event on Saturday 18th March is the first of a number events planned this Spring covering all three elements to the West Way art:
- Three mosaic panels by Clare Goodall (cgmosaics.co.uk) to be mounted on the wall of the community building
- Two large carved standing stones by Alex Wenham (www.alexwenham.co.uk) in the centre of the shopping area
- Two murals by Nor Greenhalgh (eleanorg.org) on walls next to Loomsbury and between The Missing Bean and Tesco
We plan to install and unveil the standing stones and Nor’s wall murals later in the Spring.
There is still time to get involved in the murals by attending Nor’s workshop on Saturday. All ages welcome. You can drop in any time between 10am-12pm to take part in the design of upcoming murals, with artist Nor. We’ll be experimenting with ancient and modern ways of measuring out space using unusual objects. If you like, bring along an object that has local or personal significance for you!