7pm to 6am closure 13th to 25th September with diversion in place.
Oxfordshire County Council will be undertaking carriageway maintenance work on the A420 (eastbound) at North Hinksey between Tilbury Lane bridge and Seacourt Lane. The works are programmed to start on Tuesday 13th September 2022 and are expected to last for up to 9 shifts, subject to any bad weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances arising during construction.
The works will include replacing damaged ironwork, resurfacing of the existing carriageway and the replacement of road markings. To enable these activities to be carried out safely the work will be done in the following phases:
- Phase 1: Tuesday 13th September to Monday 19th September, 19:00 to 06:00hrs – eastbound road closure to enable preparation work to be carried out, including replacing damaged ironwork. A signed diversion route will be put in place during this period.
- Phase 2: Tuesday 20th September to Friday 23rd September, 19:00 to 06:00hrs – eastbound road closure to enable the resurfacing work to be carried out and replacement of road markings. A signed diversion route will be put in place during this period. The A420 will be reopened to traffic when safe to do so outside of these periods.
Several methods of communication are being used to keep you informed of these works:
- Signs are being placed on site to forewarn road users in advance of the works.
- A maintenance information website, which will be updated should any changes occur
- Click to view a drawing showing the extent of the closure and the alternative routes for traffic.
If you think the works will cause you problems with access or deliveries or if you require further information, then please contact the appropriate person below: