The Parish Council is looking for one or more part-time relief Caretakers to cover holidays and sick leave for the Caretaker of the Louie Memorial Pavilion and playing fields. The Caretaker’s average working hours are 5 hours a week. The hourly gross salary is £10.37.
This will be a zero hours contract. The caretaker has 4 weeks holiday a year which requires cover plus cover for any sick leave as required. It may suit someone self-employed in a similar role with flexibility in their schedule.
Depending on the time of year, the duties of the post may include: –
- Pavilion building checks 3 times a week, safety checks and maintaining the main hall, kitchen, changing rooms and showers.
- Weekly play equipment safety checks on the Upper and Lower Louie Memorial Field Play areas. (Training will be given)
- Weekly maintenance checks on the defibrillator cabinet
- Cleaning the MUGA and Children’s Shelter area to remove litter etc. and the maintenance of the Trim Trail equipment.
- Litter Picking as necessary in the ‘Lower’ playing field, children’s play area, the copse main paths, the
‘Upper’ playing field, its play equipment areas and the Children’s Shelter: reporting any safety hazards.
- Lime Road Bus Shelter – Clean out once a week.
Please apply to the Parish Clerk or by post to Parish Office, 5 Church Way, Botley Oxford, OX2 9TH.